Kiwanis was founded in Detroit, Michigan on January 21, 1915 and became an international organization in 1916.
The Kiwanis Club of Pittsburg, Kansas charter was issued on March 3, 1921.
The Charter was presented to the 57 members by the District Governor A.C. Maher at an evening meeting on May 25, 1921, at the Stilwell Hotel. Charter Club Officers: Dr. William T Embree, First President; William G Wolfe, Vice-President; Charles A Dudley, MD, First Treasurer; Charles E Finley, First Secretary. This picture was taken on the steps of the Methodist Church with 34 members present.
Taken on the steps of the Methodist Church with 34 members present.
- Clubs Sponsored by The Kiwanis Club of Pittsburg, Kansas:
Columbus 1957, Pittsburg Sunflower 1965, and Girard 2002.
- The Kiwanis Club of Pittsburg, Kansas is in Division III of the Kansas Kiwanis District of the North America Region of Kiwanis International.
- Annual Pancake Day is the first Saturday in December. This is our club’s main fundraiser.
- Annual Little Balkans Days Fundraising Event on Saturday of Labor Day Weekend.
- Our Club is a member of the Pittsburg State University President’s Club in recognition of our annual Kiwanis Club of Pittsburg, Kansas Scholarship at Pittsburg State University.